In the Final Fantasy XIV: Realm Reborn, gil, an in-game currency, is an important key to upgrade your character. You can buy items and equipment with it.
Having a more powerful character means you can delve into more dungeons, fight more powerful monsters, and can do much more in the game.
However, it’s not easy to make gil, especially when you do not have much time playing the game. Therefore, instead of trying to make gil yourself, you can consider buying it from RMT shops. This will make your life much easier and have much more fun playing FFXIV.
Since there are many websites out there that promise fast, easy delivery of your order, there are many scams out there that want to get your money without sending you gil.
This is why you need to know how to buy FFXIV Gil safely and securely without getting ripped off.
Buy from Reputable Sites
You need to make sure that any website you're considering buying from is a reputable site. That means they should have been around in the industry for at least a few years and get an accreditation from other reliable websites such as MMOBUX.com.
If it’s a new shop that doesn’t have any reviews, don't buy anything.
It's always a good idea to learn as much as you can about the shop you are going to buy FFXIV Gil before handing over any money.
Check Customer Service
Get in touch with the company first by email or live support. It doesn't hurt to know what payment method they use for their transactions and how long delivery will take if you're buying large quantities of Gil.
If there are certain terms or conditions that apply then make sure you understand them fully before making your purchase so that everything goes smoothly afterwards.
There's nothing worse than spending your hard-earned money on something only to discover you don’t get what you want in return. It makes us angry just thinking about it.
So make sure any FFXIV shop has got good customer support before handing over your cash.
Don't be afraid to ask about their refund policy and how long you have after receiving your order.
Test with a Small Order
It's a good idea to set yourself a daily/weekly spending limit so that you don't spend more than necessary.
If you are not sure about the shop you are buying from, you can start with a small order. If they deliver your order as promised, then, you can order a bigger amount. If not, you can move on to another shop.
Before placing a large order, it’s also a good idea to check their stock by contacting their live support. Sometimes, they might not have enough stock available - even though it says "in stock" right next to the item.
So always make sure you know how much Gil they have before placing your order because this will determine whether or not it's worth buying in the first place.
Know What to Look For to Avoid Scams
There is a very good reason why we've written this article on how to buy FFXIV Gil safely - because there are so many scams out there.
You need to be extra careful when shopping online and especially with virtual goods such as in-game currency since you can't return them once they're bought. This means that any transaction has the potential for being risky, which is exactly what scammers rely upon.
Make sure you know what to look for before parting with your money:
- Unauthorized sellers offering cheap deals should always ring alarm bells; no one will sell their product at more than 40% cheaper than the market price. If it sounds too good to be true then automatically assume it probably isn't a legit seller.
- Don't ever give out your login details or password at any point, even if someone is claiming to be from Square Enix themselves! You have no idea whether their identity can be trusted so don't take chances with these people as they could easily run off with all your Gil/FFXI character names and passwords in hand. Keep things safe and sound!
- Always check the website for grammatical mistakes or any other signs of it being fake because there's a high chance that these people can't even write in proper English.
- Be wary when dealing with sites that only accept digital currency such as Bitcoin; this means it isn't possible to make a chargeback, meaning once you've parted with your money then that's probably the last time you'll hear from them again (since they're not legitimate).
- You also need to check whether their website uses SSL encryption (the padlock symbol next to the URL) because this means all data sent and received between yourself and their server has been encrypted using 128-bit technology. This should keep things safe at all times because no one can intercept sensitive information without having an extremely difficult time decrypting it first.
Use a Secure Payment Method
If you're dealing with a website that doesn't accept PayPal then it's probably not legitimate - why would they reject one of the safest payment gateways around? It makes no sense whatsoever and is usually another sign of something being fishy about the deal on offer.
Only use FFXIV sites that are known to process transactions via PayPal because this means there's less risk involved for both parties.
If any website asks for your credit card information, you should make sure it’s processed by a reputable payment gateway such as PayPal or Stripe only. Otherwise, they might steal your credit card information.
You can never be 100% certain that they'll work but you know there's less risk involved in using real money than digital currency, plus it will protect your purchase from being lost/stolen if anything goes wrong.
Online shopping can be risky, but it doesn't have to be. By following some of the guidelines we've outlined above you'll greatly reduce your chances of becoming a victim of fraud and will also know that all transactions are safe in one way or another.
Stay alert while browsing for FFXIV Gil online so you don't become an easy target for scammers who prey on unsuspecting shoppers like yourself.If you follow the tips outlined in this article, you can feel confident buying FFXIV Gil without having to worry about getting scammed. If you're going to buy Gil make sure it's from a trusted source. You can check MMOBUX to find reliable shops so there are fewer risks involved in the first place.